Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Football, Critters and Goodbys

Where to start?  What to say?  The Dolphins defense couldn't stop Tom Brady and the Patriots - rats!  And then the Broncos....  Well, I said before the start of the preseason that Kyle Orton can move the team from one end of the field to the other, but then he just can't perform when he gets into the "red zone."  And that's what happened last night.  The field at Denver was slippery, and Champ Bailey lost his footing multiple times as he tried to turn quickly or reverse his direction - and that was before the rains came.  During the fourth quarter, after Kyle threw an interception, the fans in the stands started yelling, "Tebow! Tebow!"    I honestly don't know if Tim Tebow could have helped the Broncos last night; I do know that the one glimpse that I had of Orton 'encouraging' his team mates seemed more like a tirade against them.   As far as I'm aware, Tebow asks for everyone to work together, as a team, and takes the blame for any and all bad plays.  Kyle Orton just doesn't cause a spark in, nor does he get a reaction from, his fellow team mates.   I was disappointed.  The Cincinnati Bengals visit the Broncos next Sunday.  I hope we can get a win.

Remy was walking funny this morning - favoring his right hind, and once we were out on the pavement, that leg "gave way" on him twice, so we only had a slow 30  minute walk this morning.  Rosie was totally gung-ho and ready to run and jog all the way around our usual path - but we retired early due to Remy.  I didn't get to bed until midnight, with the late Broncos game (and with 30+ penalties), and Lovey decided I needed to get up at 5 this morning.  It's amazing how a seven pound cat can make one feel as if her feet are digging six-inch-deep post holes into one's body with every step! Lovey plodded up and down my body, and on my sides when I turned over.  She sat by my pillow and kept up a constant commentary for more than an hour.  I finally decided that I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep, and so I crawled out of bed at 6.  Lovey is a rotten little witch.  The moment I got up, she curled up in a ball and went to sleep.

It doesn't seem possible that Cliff Robertson is dead.  He passed away the day after his 88th birthday.  For me, he will always be Charly - and, occasionally, JFK in PT 109.  And it's also a shame that we  lost Andy Whitfield, the 39-year-old star of Starz' Blood and Sand: Spartacus.  He was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma only 18 months ago.

No comments: