Monday, September 26, 2011

I Got to See Sarah and Jeremy!

Sarah and Jeremy arrived late last night, and drove immediately to Kathy's house to go to bed, after 12+ hours in their car.  I took the bus over to Kathy's this morning, and we spent the morning chatting around Kathy's dining room table and walking a bit in the neighborhood.  Kathy left at 9:30 to do her volunteer work at the Community Food Share, while I continued to get to know Jeremy better.  He's just as critter crazy as Sarah and I are - so he's definitely a super addition to the family.  They were not looking forward to another 8 hours in the car to get home to Wichita, but around 11:30, we left Kathy and Jim's to have brunch together.  (Where was Jim?  He was off flying the Piper Cub, so he would have enough flight hours to keep his pilot's license.)  So we hugged and laughed and said good-bye with full and satisfied tummies.  Since we were at IHOP, 2 blocks from my place, I just walked home - and as they drove by me on their way home to Kansas, and beeped and waved as they went past.  - I can't get over how much Sarah looks like her Dad.  There's no way he could ever have denied her parentage (not that he ever would have wanted to).

Since I spent the morning with Sarah and Jeremy, I didn't walk the red kids today; but I'll be there in the morning.  Lovey and Nedi have been quite clingy this afternoon - I don't know if it was because I was gone the whole morning, or if it was because I smelled like Suki, Boo, Mona and Shama when I got back home.  Mocha has come out for several bouts of loving - and my message to Coffeepot got through.  He called me twice (while I was gone) to see about picking Mocha up.  I'll have to leave a message for him, and let him set a time and day for Mocha to pick up Mocha so she can move back in with him.  I'll have her ready to go, with food.  She is a sweet darling little cat, but there just isn't enough room in this apartment for 3 kits - especially when one doesn't get along with the other two....  But Mocha will be back with her human.  And that's what matters.

No comments: