Thursday, December 22, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow!

It started snowing around 4 yesterday afternoon - and, at the moment, there's about 12 inches on the ground in the backyard, and the snow is so light and fine - the skiers' powder - it's drifting as it falls and my patio is almost totally covered.  The weather guys say to expect another 4 to 5 inches before it stops falling this afternoon.  The temperature is at 20 degrees, and once the snow clears, we've been told to expect a low of 2 tonight.  I have peanuts out for the squirrels, just in case some intrepid critter decides to pop his (or her) head out.  Nedi is excited by the snow, but isn't happy because it's covered all of the patio... Lovey poked her nose out the door and got back in bed.  If you want to know what it looks like here, go to:  http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9284&Itemid=3081   - this site gives an updated view of Boulder Creek every 30 seconds (about 15 blocks from my apartment).
Students are gone for the holidays, but due to the weather, CU is completely closed today.  The city of Boulder will open it's offices at 10 a.m., instead of 8.  Traffic is moving pretty well in downtown Boulder, but the roads are all snow-packed, and there is ice underneath.  The traffic in and around Denver is very slow - and flights in and out of Denver International are getting backed up.  I'm certainly glad that I had no travel plans for today!  I do have to go spend the early evening with Sasquatch and Tugger over on Redwood - they are both in their later teens and both have medical problems.  Since it's not too far from Kathy and Jim's, I'll see if they will agree to run me home tonight, so I don't have to take the bus in the dark (and cold)....   Have a great day!

No comments: