Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympics, Critters, & Baking

I've been able to view the coverage of two days of the Three-Day Event - I thoroughly enjoyed the dressage competition, and today's coverage of the Cross Country was grand - even though I didn't get to see all of it.  I hope to be able to view more of the jumps via film on the Olympics website.  I have to say I was almost struck dumb by Mark Todd's horse trying to put in an extra stride just at the last jump - it looked like it surprised him, too.
  Brandi and Peach were great yesterday.  And Brandi and I slept together last night.  My kits are running in and out today - they come get a bunch of love and scratches, and then they run back out into the sun.  I'm going to take a nap with them, then I'll need to go shopping for my bus drivers bake day.  They have requested brownies, and lemon, strawberry and peach pound cakes  -  that should keep me busy in the kitchen for a while tonight!
   Boulder has had late afternoon and early evening thunderstorms since Friday, and it's expected to continue during this week, along with highs in the mid-90s.  We're back to our usual weather pattern, even though it is warmer, overall....

No comments: