Thursday, July 26, 2012

Why These Three Songs?

The 2012 Chincoteague Pony Auction is beginning as I type this; I have reports and photos to post later today.  In the meantime, I wish to tip my hat to those entertainers who have recently passed away - Celeste Holme, Sherman Helmsley, and Chad Everett.  All three of these fine actors filled my childhood with drama and laughter.  They will be missed.
   And can anyone tell me why I have been "plagued" with three extremely different songs stuck in my head for the last 72 hours?  Somehow, they seem to magically segue into one another, even in the middle of a verse...  The songs?  Roger Miller's recording of King of the Road; a rendition of Turkey in the Straw with fiddle, accordion, mouth harp, and comb; and - weird - Gracie Slick singing Jefferson Airplane's original White Rabbit.  Anyone want to guess why such an odd assortment of songs?  (Besides the fact that I'm a little odd, myself....)
   On my way to walk Rosie and Remy this morning, once I corral Lovey and Nedi...

No comments: