Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gripes

I am decrepit this morning -  I slept in the wrong position, and I can't move my head or neck (that's what comes of breaking your neck and ripping all the support muscles and tendons from one side when you're young and foolish); I awoke with a migraine; my recurrent shingles are back, and a 23-year-old cousin was killed in a work-related accident yesterday.  I am blue, bummed out, and I hurt.  It's not a great start for hump day.
  At least the kits are fine - both slept with me, until I dreamed I was working with a dog I know very well, but it wouldn't stop and sit... I awoke, sitting up in bed, and saying, "Sit!" - that's when the kits left.  And there's a man in the building, whom I haven't seen before - he claims to have lived here "a long time" and last night he pitched a tent in the back yard and slept in it.  The back doors and windows to the apartments on the ground floor are extremely easy to break into, and it worries me that someone I don't know, who reeks of alcohol, is wandering in the area of my patio at all hours.  Is it just me, being contrary?  (I can break into my apartment with anything that is half-way sharp...)
   And, as a final note, do these two guys look similar to you?  Or am I really going nuts? 

No comments: