Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cool! - Really

It's 10  a.m., and still only 60 degrees outside. It's a nice change from the mid-90s.  I walked the munchkins and then Rosie and Remy this morning, and got quite a few looks from other folks out 'early.'  I was wearing my usual T-shirt, shorts and sneakers - but I was looking at them too, because they had on jackets and hats (and a few even had sweat suits on).  I can see wearing a light jacket if you're riding a bike, but just walking or jogging?  Nah.
  I slept with Brandi last night, having stayed with the munchkins until 10:30.  Got up at 5, and watered the plants at Brandi's while she was playing in the back yard,and then fed and medicated her.  My next stop was back at Yoshi and Aiko's - fed, watered, and medicated them, and them took them out for their morning constitutional.  Their little legs are so short that it takes me almost an hour to get around the block with them - Rosie and Remy do that in 10 minutes or less.  Anyway, then it was the red kids' turn, and we went over to the Snow's yard, so Remy could chase squirrels, and Rosie could play keep the blue bone away from Mona.  After an hour of that, and checking on return times for the Snow household, I got the reds back home and fed them breakfast.  Then I was able to head back here and love my kits.  Both Lovey and Nedi wanted love and attention first, then food and outside.  Lovey is already back inside and curled up on the sofa; Nedi has been in and out, frequently with a raven trailing him, so I'm guessing he's been bothering the bird family and they're bothering him right back.
  Yesterday, I laughed out loud while I was watching Lovey, Nedi, and Cashew, a local squirrel.  I had been hand-feeding Cashew some peanuts and almonds.  Nedi and Lovey were both nestled in the grass, watching both me and the squirrel intently.  Most of the time, Cashew ate the peanuts immediately, but went and buried the almonds.  My kits really focused on him when he was patting the earth and grass back into place.  What made me laugh was that Cashew frequently ran right up to Lovey and Nedi's noses, stopping within 3 inches of their faces, before he high-tailed it back to me.  It was as if he was saying, "She likes me best right now!"

No comments: