Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mens Modern Pentathlon

Well, the Mens Modern Pentathlon produced a few surprises yesterday.  David Svoboda, of the Czech Republic, took the Gold; Cao Zhongrong, of China, the Silver; and Adam Marosi, of Hungary, took the Bronze medal.  It was the first time anyone of  Asian ethnicity had achieved a medal in this competition.  The real fireworks were provided by Hwang Woojin, of Korea, during the equestrian phase - both on the horse, Shearwater Oscar, and on the ground.  As the pair entered the start box, Hwang kept shortening his reins, kept leaning forward, and kept his spurs in the horse's ribs.  Not a good idea.  The horse was getting very contrary signals from the rider, and acted out accordingly.  I would expect any horse to dump me if I had been riding the way he was!  He did, eventually, re-mount, and rode the course....  The only American male finished in the 32nd spot out of 36 competitors - and one of them did not finish the competition.  Today, the women compete, and I will be watching how they all ride.
   Lovey is laying up against my left forearm while I type this.  Nedi is sunning on the patio.  I need to remove all my overnight stuff from the car before I head back to Rosie and Remy's.  I did do something foolish yesterday - don't I always?  I was rounding up Shady, who didn't want to come inside, from the neighbor's back yard.  Keeping an eye on the black cat, I walked right into the side of a tree limb - took some skin off my scalp, bled quite a bit, and knocked myself flat my butt.  Luckily Shady paused at the time I fell, and I was able to get him back inside the house.  But this morning I still have a swelling the size and shape of a hot dog on the right side of my head....  Tsk, tsk...  And, I get to sleep in my own bed tonight and tomorrow night - oh, joy!
  I hope you enjoy tonight's Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics from London...  The next Olympics will be the Winter competition in Sochi, Russia.

No comments: