Monday, November 5, 2012

A Pretty Monday

It looks glorious outside today - I've already been to the store (to pick up kitty crunchies) and was hit with the double whammies that my friend Brett, who works in the bakery, is being transferred back to the Iris store, and my friend Patrick is moving to Winter Park and leaving Starbucks. I'll still be able to see Brett, and Patrick thinks he'll come back to Boulder, but it's like having my sons move away... They are both great kids, though, and I wish them the best.
  Questing, the filly who didn't want to run in the Ladies Classic on Friday, checked out OK by the vets immediately following the race. However, two hours later, her left eye was swollen completely shut. Her connections don't know if she hit her eye in the starting gate, or if a large dirt clod from the track hit her in the eye in the early part of the race. Thank goodness it was nothing worse, and she'll be fine to race again. ... The folks around Wise Dan and Fort Larned say that both of these colts will return to the track, after having a 45- to 80- day long vacation. The colts' owners are happy to say that, barring accidents, their boys will carry their colors next year at the races.
  I'm getting ready to go walk Rosie and Remy, and to stop by various houses around the northerly neighborhood to just say "hello!" to the various critters I care for... and I will be at the Thore house for Thanksgiving, so I can bake brownies and cookies for the bus drivers. I have to admit was rather taken aback last week; I had told one of the drivers that I loved him/them, and, as the bus left the station, the driver turned on his outside PA microphone, and yelled, "We love you, too, Betty!" which was easily heard for 2 square blocks. (I was so embarrassed and pleased that I laughed 'til I cried...)
  And, one last thing: if you are registered to vote in the Presidential election, please do so. I really don't care whom you choose to vote for. Just, please, exercise the right that over a million people have died fighting for. If you have already voted early, in person, or by a mail-in ballot, I thank you. If you haven't yet voted, please go to your polling place tomorrow and place your own, unique vote. That is what makes America America. Thanks.

No comments: