Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Election Is Over!

Thank goodness the election is finally over. I cheered out loud when our local station announced they were airing their last political at at 4:24 p.m. yesterday afternoon. ... I said good-bye to my friend Patrick this morning - he's already packed, and is driving over to Winter Park when he gets off work. He's very excited, and is looking at this as an adventure - I wish him well.
  The kits are enjoying the sun today - we're expecting a high temperature of 72, with 60s the following two days. Then a high in the low 40s Saturday and low 30s Sunday, with the possibility of snow both days and nights... The ravens just chased Nedi back inside - he high-tailed it across the grass, slowed down on the patio, and dropped into a walk as soon as he crossed the thresh-hold. I hope to get some good photos of the kits today... I got a few good ones of Remy, Rosie, Mona, and Boo earlier this week.
  I worry about the folks who are facing the Nor'easter for the next few days. They say the effects won't be too bad on Chincoteague and Assateague, as the storm will be heading almost due north, as it brushes by the islands. But the poor folks in New Jersey and New York are definitely in for another rough few days. Without electricity or heat, and with so many homeless, it seems that Mother Nature has decided to lob a very nasty one-two punch at the East Coast and her people. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
  I won both a large and a small pizza from Papa John's Pizza last week, so my friend Nancy and I are going to redeem them today. I like getting a free meal (or two) mid-week. And, since I talk football with the guys who work there, I'm pretty well-known; same as at Starbucks and the local Bakery. I hope that your Wednesday is/was as pleasant as mine will be!  Relax!!

No comments: