Friday, November 9, 2012

What The.....?

It was chilly when I walked to the store this morning - I felt good in a T-shirt, jeans, and a sweatshirt, but my nose and eyes ran like mad... It was 34 degrees outside, so I really shouldn't complain that my eyes teared; and with our high temperatures taking a nose dive this weekend, and three to five inches of snow predicted is predicted. However, the sun is shining, and my kits have been running in and out, having a blast, chasing each other like the little nuts they are. I plan on stocking up on a few perishables and kitty crunchies today so I won't need to go outside this weekend. I know I'll end up going outside, as I want to take photos of the kits in the snow, but that will be because I want to go out, not because I need to.
  I am puzzled by something that occurred early this morning - I had been asleep, with Lovey beside me in bed, and Nedi was on the top tier of the cat tree beside the window. The east side of my apartment is all glass, except for the radiator - A large sliding glass door adjoins a (rest of the wall) wide window. When I awoke, I tried to figure out why - usually it's a strange noise. I realized that, even with my eyes closed, it seemed very "light" inside. I opened my eyes, and wished I hadn't, because it was so bright inside the apartment. Lovey was beside me, but was sound asleep; Nedi slithered off the cat tree and went to hide in his favorite bureau drawer. Now, there is a 12 foot wide cement patio, with a balcony overhang outside the glass. Then you encounter a 35 to 40-foot wide grassy area (the back yard), then a 6-foot tall wooden privacy fence that separates the yard from the Millennium Harvest House rear parking lot. I am used to trucks and buses pulling in and out - their headlights and their normal noises don't bother me. But this was a like the blue xenon lights that are also known as high-intensity-discharge headlights, and there was no fence pattern - they were either inside the yard, or the lights were set up above the fence line. That just doesn't make any sense. There was not any noise to accompany the light. After about 90 seconds had passed, the light simply faded away, until there was normal night-time lighting inside the apartment. Lovey was still snoring; Nedi had gone to the dressing room. I got up and used the bathroom - and I'm still wondering what in the world that bright blue-white light was. Was I visited by a UFO? Was it the cops looking on my patio because I laughingly talked about the recreational use of marijuana, after the law was passed on Tuesday? - I am still confounded by the fact there was no sound, other than me breathing, and Nedi getting into his drawer.... Is it time to key the music from The Twilight Zone? Have I really, finally, totally and completely lost my mind? What the heck was that?!?.........

No comments: