Saturday, August 3, 2013

Awwww and Ewwwwwwww.....

The first photo I saw on line this morning made me say "Awwwww" and feel all mooshy inside - a photo my niece posted of her daughter Evelyn and her husband Michael; she wrote "This is my heart."

The second photo made me say "Ewwwww" - my nephew Brian was riding his bicycle home from work last night, and had an accident.  He's most upset because it wasn't a "cool" wreck - he glanced away from the road and his front wheel hit a gutter.  He went home first, and it took his brother a lot of voice theatricals to get Brian to go see an ER doctor to get sewed up.  Brian wanted to make some butterfly bandages and forget it.   He got ten stitches in his chin, and ended up with a betadine bath, as he has road rash everywhere...   This is Brian in the ER before stitches:
Yikes!

Boulder is under a tornado and major thunderstorm with damaging hail watch until 10 p.m. tonight.  The wind is gusting and swirling, and the temperature has dropped at least 15 degrees in 30 minutes.  Looking north, I see a towering wall of boiling clouds - all shades of grey, with a nasty-looking brown in the center... Looks like the kids and I are in for a wild night!

No comments: