Sunday, October 6, 2013

Oklahoma City on the Horizon

I'm silly, I suppose, for being so excited about a five day excursion, but I really plan on enjoying this trip to Oklahoma City.  As far as I know, I've never been there before, though we might have driven through when I was three and we were moving from Millington, Tennessee to Kingsville, Texas.  I know we drove along the coast when we moved from Texas to Florida, so I can remove that trip from the possibility list.  In any event, I'll be there tomorrow, and will return home Friday night - so the blog won't have new entries until Saturday, 12 October.  Then it will be full of things I saw, did, and learned in OKC, plus a look ahead to the Breeders Cup in November.
  I just greeted the police out in the hall - the couple next door (that used to be a three-some) started yelling and screaming at each other at 8:35 this morning.  They did so again at 8:45, and I called the police.  As far as I know, they never get physical, but she screams and yells and sobs most of the time, and this morning he started the yelling, with her yelling back.  I am just tired of this silliness.  Usually the screaming fits begin around midnight, and then happen about every two hours thereafter.  They will do this for one or two nights in a row, and then be quiet for 5 to 7 days and/or nights.  Then they start all over again.  I know that she has mental problems (and I think that he does, also) - but I should be able to hear my TV set without turning the volume all the way up to be able to hear it over the neighbors' yelling and screaming.  Hopefully, this visit will help things be a little more quiet.
  I'm getting ready to scurry back to Tinkerbelle and Charlie.  Tinkerbelle got in my lap last night while I was reading, and had a good rub and scratch.  Charlie isn't used to me, and is very hyperactive, as a result.  This morning, I was sitting on the sofa, pulling my socks on, when she jumped up, pawing at me, and split my lower lip in three places with her nails.  Being half pug, she has the heart of a lion - but she is also hyper in every other respect; guessing that came from her other parentage, which is very mysterious...  I'll try to get a photo of her today - she's so odd-looking that she's cute.
  Enjoy your Sunday, and the rest of the week!

No comments: