Friday, October 4, 2013

Snowing in Boulder

The kits were content to stay inside yesterday evening, so we all curled up with a good book - the first of a new series by James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell.  The last weather forecast I had seen said that it would be cloudy this morning, with rain and/or snow developing after noon.  I closed the back window before turning out the light, and we all curled up at 10 last night.  When I got up this  morning, I opened the back door for the kits to dash out, and saw the patio had a wet edge, and that the very green grass (that was mowed yesterday) was covered with snow.  Oh my.  I showered and dressed and took the umbrella with me to the store - in the 4 minutes it took me to walk from my building to the store entrance, my umbrella was totally coated in thick, wet snow.  It took more effort than usual to remove the flakes before I entered the store - and everyone who had arrived at work recently was talking about how they drove in with white-out conditions.  Yuck.
  At least the apartment management turned the heat on this past Wednesday, but my heat never came on during the night, nor yet this morning.  Rosie's walk was cancelled due to the weather, and so, Kathy just called and said she'd have Jim deliver a suitcase for me to use for my trip, so I wouldn't have to carry it on the bus in this weather.  Right now, the precipitation is about half rain and half sleet - you can see clumps of ice on the grass at the edge of my patio.  At least I can do my laundry today - and won't have to sweat getting it done over the weekend.  (The Buffs have a home football game against #2 ranked Oregon tomorrow afternoon.)
  Lovey is curled up on the afghan, and Nedi is curled up on the top of the cat tree, looking outside.  I'm going to be cleaning, doing laundry, and reading today - and just staying warm.  This weather is supposed to disappear by morning, when we'll have warmer temperatures and (supposedly) no rain.  Today is the last day of flood-related trash curb-side pick up; and the weather is nasty for it.  I am still feeling extremely lucky that both my apartment and Kathy and Jim's house escaped flood waters.    -    At the moment, it looks like lots of warmth and sunshine for my trip to Oklahoma City next week.  (Yahoo!)
My back yard at 6:40 this morning....  Snow!

No comments: