Sunday, March 2, 2014

Cut Off

After posting my blog yesterday, I looked at my local weather forecast and laughed; it said to expect, at most, an inch of snow accumulation. Funny!  It's Sunday, past 10 a.m., 9 degrees outside, with occasional flurries still falling.  We've had 4 to 5 inches of snow fall in the back yard at my apartment - very light, frozen powder.  The kits are happy because I'm keeping them inside - and - yea! - the privacy fence has been propped back up with various boards and screws.
  The house I'm staying at has neither TV, radio, nor a working computer...  so I'm feeling completely lost about what is happening in the world.  I'm very engrossed in the world of the Liveship Traders, but that really doesn't quite match what is happening around the world.  I saw in the newspaper this morning that on Interstate 25 in Denver yesterday, there was a 100+ car/vehicle pile-up that killed one woman and sent 30 others to various hospitals.  One man, who escaped with bruises, managed to stop and avoid rear-ending a car-carrier truck in front of him, but was then side-swiped three times, T-boned, and then rear-ended, to end up with the hood of his vehicle under the car-carrier.  Yikes!  I'm glad I stuck to buses and my own two feet while travelling yesterday.
  I admit I took a taxi home this morning - I just wanted to get back to my kitties as fast as I could.  The family I'm house-sitting for is due back around 9 tonight, so Kathy and/or Jim will bring me back home around 7.  This afternoon, besides caring for Lucy, I need to take Tess for a walk, and then spend an hour with Rosie (if her people decide to go into Denver).  It's a crazy weekend; I'm glad I'm staying home for the next 12 nights!

No comments: