Friday, March 7, 2014

Vikings, Weather, and a Come-back

As always, I completely enjoyed last night's new episode of Vikings - especially when Rollo punched Jarl Borg and bloodied him.  The raiding party was blown off course and landed in Wessex, instead of Northumbria, and have aroused the ire of King Ecbert by killing a large number of his warriors, who ambushed Ragnar and King Horik's men.  It seems as if next week's episode will be just as thrilling - Michael Hirst is doing a heck of a job as creator and sole writer of this series!  And Athelstan!  His character is certainly growing....
  A damp squirrel is sitting on the back of the wicker chair outside the window, and is giving herself a thorough grooming.  I think that's a little silly, unless the squirrel is planning on spending the next several hours on the patio, before going back to its nest.  A combination of rain and sleet is falling outside - mostly rain, but you can see the heavier sleet plummet down, along with the occasional snowflake float by.  The kits were out for over an hour before the precipitation began, so they are content.  Nedi is asleep on the top of the cat tree, and Lovey is curled up on the foot of the bed.  It was 41 degrees at 6 this morning, and it's now 36 (at 8:30); and we're expecting snow this afternoon and evening.
  I was proud of myself for having a quick reply for one of my friends on Wednesday - Cole was driving the bus, and I was sitting in the seat closest to the driver.  He asked me what I had given up for Lent, and I said that, thankfully, I wasn't Catholic, and I wasn't giving up anything.  As we started to make a right turn, he said, "Oh.  I thought you'd give up all of your one-night stands."  I fired back, "No, that would cut too much into my income." As the words came out of my  mouth, Cole took the bus over the curb...  I felt I had taken my revenge.  Once we were straight, again, Cole said, "I can't believe you said that!"  And I just laughed.
  Finally, a reminder for readers who live in the United States: Daylight Savings Time begins Sunday, 9 March, at 2 a.m.  Remember to set your clocks and watches forward by one hour.  I always do so Saturday evening....
  Hope you have a tremendous weekend!
 

No comments: