Monday, March 24, 2014

?!? Snow !?!

Returned home last night just before it was completely dark out...  Luckily the dog next door was either not at home, or locked inside, and the kits got to play outside for a couple of hours.  I let them out for an hour this morning, and then gathered them before going to Dellwood and Riverside.  I had to laugh - our weather forecasters have been almost perfect in the last week.  Last night, they said that we'd have a high of 47 today, with partly cloudy skies in the morning, and sunny skies in the afternoon.  That when the sun came out, the wind would pick up and the temperature would then drop.  It's completely overcast this morning, and the clouds were hugging both Baseline and Green Mountains...  I looked at that and shook my head. The temperature dropped 5 degrees before I left this morning.  It started to snow while I was turning out the chickens - and we're continuing to have flurries.  Rosie's back was covered multiple times while we walked this morning; then her limp became more pronounced, so I took her home a little early.  I think the cold and damp was making her arthritic ankle and foot ache...  Got home and opened the door for the kits to go out, and they were chased back inside by Britta's service dog....  Then it proceeded to eat all the nuts I had placed out for the squirrels - he climbs into the chairs and gobbles them down.  I just purchased two small but heavy-duty colanders that I will hang today with the squirrels' nuts in them.  Maybe then the dog won't eat the squirrels food!
  And I'm looking forward to seeing James Spader tonight in The Blacklist!

No comments: