Friday, April 4, 2014

Bits And Pieces - Again

Thank goodness I'm in a much better frame of mind today than I was yesterday!   Lovey is lying on the top of the cat tree, and Nedi is sitting on the patio, watching the squirrels eat and fuss over the peanuts and walnuts.  The service dog next dog spent 15 minutes barking this morning, and then followed it up with a high-pitched howling for another 5 minutes - it was rather nerve wracking.  ...  I saw my shrink and my new case manager yesterday at Mental Health Partners.  For the first time, the psychiatrist and I seemed to be able to connect.  The case manager is allergic to cats, but loves dogs.  So we have found a "middle" ground.
  My friend, Beatrice, and I are going out to have brunch at Turley's today, after I walk Rosie and return home.  Since we won't arrive there util about 11:30, I don't know whether we'll have breakfast or lunch; but it doesn't matter, because Turley's food is always fantastically good!  And I saw two friends on the bus trip to and from MHP yesterday - my nephew's wife was on the bus on my way there, and my friend Jewel was on her way to the Pearl Street Mall as I returned.
  It is sunny this morning, but we're supposed to get more rain and/or snow tomorrow.  Once again, I can happily stay at home and read and do genealogy research.  Tomorrow will see the running of three prep races for the Kentucky Derby on May 3 - the Wood Memorial at Aqueduct, the Calder Derby in Florida, and the Santa Anita Derby (and Oaks, for fillies).  Next Saturday will have the running of the Blue Grass Stakes and the Arkansas Derby.  The last day of April will see the post position drawing for the Kentucky Derby entrants - then I'll need to do my pedigree searches....
   I watched Vikings last night on the History Channel.  It looks awful, written here plainly, but I enjoyed seeing the death of Lagertha's second husband.  I also enjoyed Rollo's "playing" of Jarl Borg - and Ragnar's threat of the Blood Eagle as Borg's final punishment.  And, now, I wonder about Athelstan's fate - King Ecbert has opened the doors of ancient knowledge to Athelstan;  what will the ex-monk do when Ragnar returns to Wessex?

No comments: