Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Pleasant Saturday

I had a great day with Tess, Lyra and Lily yesterday.  We had a super morning, and both yesterday and today I was able to allow Tess off-leash, so she could run around and be a dog.  I met Beatrice for brunch, and we ate at Turley's and had out favorite wait-person, Ashley, so we left her a huge tip.  Then we went back to the house, and sat on the patio by the koi pond and talked for hours.  Finally we visited China Gourmet and had an exquisite dinner.  When I got back to the house, I was surprised to see cars parked all over the place in the corner of the neighborhood.  Turns out that Sara L was having a open pot-luck for her friends and neighbors, and Camilla informed me that I was invited.  I sat and read a book while dusk drew in.  I had filled one of the suet feeders yesterday afternoon, and was amazed, because I had just filled it Friday.  This morning, I was awakened at 1:25 by a very loud bit of squabbling outside - turns out a family of raccoons was raiding the suet feeder, and they were fussing at one another.  No wonder the entire suet block is disappearing in less than 8 hours!
  Boo ate some of the dry kibble I left for her yesterday morning, so I want to check in and see if she has continued eating.  She used to take longer than her Mom to eat, but she was usually finished eating her portion (twice a day) in a bout five minutes.  She's only been eating a mouthful, or so, once a day.  She's alert, but is losing weight, and is now losing some of her energy.  We're all worried about her.
   If you live in the Fort Collins or Boulder area, and want to adopt a cat, please visit the Fort Collins Cat Rescue and Spay and Neuter Clinic - they have recently received 150 cats and kittens under 6 months of age, and are seeking adoptive homes, foster homes, and donations.  You can visit their web site at:  http://www.fccrsnc.org/
   Nedi was waiting for me at the front door his morning when I returned home, but Lovey gave me the cold shoulder.  It took her 30 minutes to decide that I could give her some love and attention...  Now she's sitting at the top of the cat tree and is looking out into the back yard.  I'll need to round up Nedi and Bob in a few minutes, and get ready to head back to Tess's house.

No comments: