Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Let It Snow!

It's raining here in Boulder, and snowing above 11,000 feet.  The weather forecast is calling for snow Thursday night into Friday morning down here - with a high of about 50 degrees on Friday.  But then, it's supposed to be 80 on Sunday for the Broncos game....  Typical Colorado weather.
   Today is, actually, my first day of actual vacation.  I was taking care of Tugger, with three visits a day, until yesterday evening.  I couldn't say no to Tugger's family, as he's the guy who just lost his litter-mate, after 18 years together.  We read and snuggled, and I talked to him a lot.  He's a very caring cat, and enjoys discussions; although I can't say that I can literally translate his comments.
   I turned my alarm off last night, and the kits let me sleep until almost 8 o'clock this morning - of course, it's grey and damp outside, which I think helped their decision.  Currently, I've had a late breakfast, have read all of my e-mail, have fed and watered the kits, cleaned their litter boxes, and done my shopping for the day. I've also paid the one stray bill that came in; and I'm trying to decide if I want to try and visit the library this afternoon, or go tomorrow.  I'm almost finished reading my last library book, but I do have a large selection of favorites to re-read.
  Kathy, Jim, and Grandma Anne are supposed to return at some point in time today or tonight.  I still heven't heard from them, and don't know if they were able to see Kent before he died Monday, or not.  For their sakes, I hope that they were able to see him and kiss him good-bye.  I know that Kathy is still disturbed by the fact that she never saw Dad's body when he died, and I think she still expects to see him appear some day.  (Since Dad was cremated, and because he had donated his organs, the organ reapers didn't spend time to make him look good after the harvest - the funeral director told Kathy she didn't want to remember him that way, and convinced her not to see the body.)
   My vacation ends on Monday, and I'll be moving back into Lynn's house to care for Tess, the cats, koi, bees, and garden until the 24th, at which time I slide over three blocks to stay with the ABCs...  I also start walking Rosie on a daily basis, as well as Lucy on Tuesday and Thursday.  I actually have another few nights at home after the ABCs before I move into Rosie's, so I hope to adjust to the fall weather by mid-October.
   I'm looking for good mysteries, thrillers, and history books to add to my reading list - does anyone have any good suggestions?  I'll be happy to hear from you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try 'The Weight of Blood' by Laura McHugh and 'A Killing in the Hills' by Julia Keller. And have you read Jacqueline Winspear's Mazie Dobbs mysteries yet? All excellent. Start at the beginning, for more enjoyment.

Hillbillygator