Sunday, September 21, 2014

Short Blog

Three of my teams won yesterday, but I have to say that none of the play was particularly inspiring.  South Carolina had an amazing string of lucky incidents in the second half to help them win, and Coach Spurrier noticed it.  The Gators stank against Alabama.  The CU Buffs defeated Hawaii, here at home....  It was an exhausting day, because I seem to "play along" with my teams.  Silly, I know.  I'll have to see how the Broncos play today.
   All of my requested books have arrived, and I need to pick up the last two from the library this afternoon.  I'm almost finished with the first to arrive, and am looking forward to starting the books that were recommended by a blog reader.  ...  It seems that no one won either of the lotteries over the weekend, so I guess I'll risk a few more bucks - I do want to return to living on Chincoteague.
  My kits are being clingy - and I don't blame them in the least.  I'll be back sleeping at home on Friday night, and I'll be very happy.  I only have one house-sitting stint in October (so far), and I'm looking forward to spending 18 hours per day at home.  I'm back to walking 6 dogs each weekday - Rosie, a set of two after her, and then a set of three.  Thank goodness it's cooling off a bit,temperature wise, otherwise I'd be baked.
  Starting Tuesday, I'll spend my afternoons at home with the kits, as I'll be at the ABCs once Lynn returns on Tuesday.  At that point in time, I'll be staying with three cats and two dogs.  Friday night is looking wonderful to me!
   And, I just titled this piece "Short Blog;"  I used to tell my husband that I'd be back shortly, when I left home to run a quick errand - he always responded with, "Well, you can't be home longly, sweetie."  It was his private joke with me - since I have a 27-inch inseam, and am pretty short, period.

No comments: