Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Asthma Attack

I've been reading a book about courier and travel services after the final return and expulsion of Napoleon in Europe.  As I love all kinds of equines, I am always interested in reading about the mounts provided for the couriers, as well as the breeds of horses used to pull various vehicles at different times of the year.  The current book is full of all sorts of fascinating snippets of information.  So when I had an especially vivid dream last night that involved horses and a carriage, I wasn't that surprised.  The carriage was a beautifully detailed cabriolet, and there were two Holsteiners, harnessed in tandem.  The Holsteins each had hind socks and blazes, and were seal bays.  There was a very correct driver, who had a single female passenger.  She looked like a "Gibson Girl" in feature and hairstyle, but was wearing a brilliant teal colored velvet dress, along with a jaunty little hat - that looked quite a bit like a miniature version of Errol Flynn's feathered green cap in "The Adventures of Robin Hood."  This lady had ordered the carriage out, and the coachman was following her orders.  I was completely livid because I loved the horses dearly and they might have been lamed by going out on such a horrible road.    I was reproaching the woman at the top of my lungs, but was trying to keep my voice low - and I started having trouble breathing.  It got to the point that I could barely breathe - I could not breathe in nor could I exhale.  The woman sat there and kept looking at me without twitching an eye…  That infuriated me even more, and then I really felt like I was choking.
   I awoke in the middle of an asthma attack - sitting upright in bed, and gasping, coughing, and sputtering for breath.  I used my inhaler that I keep beside the bed, and was able to breathe freely again in about  twenty minutes.  Because I couldn't go back to sleep immediately, I was able to view the Blood Moon early this morning.  It was beautiful!  -  But the kits were leery of returning to bed with me this morning…  Ah, well….  And now, early in the afternoon, my ribs are sore…  SUch is the price paid for COOPD and asthma.

No comments: