Sunday, October 12, 2014

Yum! Raspberries

I have to admit that I used Rosie's Xfinity On Demand and caught up on several television series yesterday...  Had a great brunch at Turley's, and Bea and I were lucky to get seated with one of our three favorite wait-persons there.  I admit, also, that I indulged myself at brunch, getting one of the huge, fresh, buttermilk biscuits instead of toast (or my favorite, a raspberry muffin).  They have been serving carrot, banana, and pumpkin muffins recently, instead of the raspberry ones.  Of course, I've been able to "cheat" in getting my raspberries - Kathy and Jim's patch are still producing like mad, and I usually grab between a half- to a full cup, fresh off the bush every morning.  I also nibbled on the ones in Tessa's garden while I was there - they are growing a combination of both golden and red raspberries.  I spent most of yesterday taking the dogs back and forth between homes - Tessa over to Rosie's, and Rosie's back to Tessa's.  Lynn returned home at 4 in the afternoon.
   It's grey and cloudy this morning - we're expecting a high of 61, with rain mixed with snow in the evening.  The local news channels are full of film showing the snow falling up in the mountains. Thankfully, the Broncos have an 11 a.m. kick-off today in New Jersey against the Jets.  The last couple of weekends have seen a lot of upsets in college football - and I must admit that, while I was rooting 100% for the Gators yesterday, I had a feeling that LSU would prevail (which they did).  I think my biggest shock yesterday was the Georgia Bulldogs winning and not allowing the Missouri Tigers on the scoreboard.
   Rosie and I spent a quiet night, and I'm currently home with my kits.  Nedi is outside communing with nature, but Lovey is curled up on the sofa.  I have fed and loved them, cleaned their potty boxes, washed water bowls and given fresh water.  Both have spent time in my lap, and have been hugged, kissed, groomed, and made much over.  They are the best kits in the world!

No comments: