Thursday, September 10, 2015

This and That

Zephraim Cenedi Devine has decided that his Auntie Beatrice, who shares the two bedroom apartment with me, is almost as good as I am.  The only things Auntie Bea does not allow Nedi to do are (a) go out on the balcony at night and (b) knead her arm while he suckles.  I do allow him to do both of those things, but he has apparently decided that Auntie Bea gives him the best petting and love rubs.  Lovey, on the other hand, will meow at Beatrice, and will sit beside her on the sofa, but doesn't want to snuggle and be held, like she wants me to do.  At least I can happily acknowledge that my kits are a little odd.
  I walked Rosie this morning, and we visited Tess, then went over to the Elks' Park.  We got to play with three small children (their parents, too) and four dogs.  Rosie loves to socialize and she seems happier now that we go to a children's play area every morning.  Lynn heard Lyra responding to my voice yesterday, and enjoyed the fact that Lyra "talks back to me" with meows, if I say her name in a sentence or a question.  Jim and Jan are back home, so the hens, fish, and cats on Dellwood are off my hands for a few weeks.
  Not much going on here - drove up to the Gross Reservoir last weekend, and will post photos whenever I find that dratted dUSB cable for my camera.  I still haven't downloaded my vacation photos, so it had better turn up soon!  I hadn't realized how stressed and uptight I was until I got up on the top of the mountain and was looking down into El Dorado Canyon.  While I was listening to the rushing water of South Boulder Creek and gazing down the steep ravine covered with trees, it felt as if a big knot around my chest and back relaxed...  Poor Beatrice - after that I kept humming "Don't Fence Me In" for the next six hours - until she got me started on Brooks and Dunn singing, "Maria."  I think she soon regretted that one, too.  Oh, well....
  I am very sorry that the Philadelphia Eagles cut Tim Tebow from their roster - but it means that he'll have a lot more camera time on the SEC Network.  And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: