Saturday, September 12, 2015

Working Here, Working There

Heaven in Colorado - three college football games on television; the the Gators and the Gamecocks kick off at 5 and 5:30, so I'll be switching channels like mad for a little while....  The Buffs, here in Boulder, are playing at home, against the University of Massachusetts. I want to watch the game, and I don't want to watch the game.  Twenty-five years ago the CU Buffs were the best team in the nation; now, we're lucky to win three games a season. Oh well, not everyone can be a Gator.
   I've taken care of my kits and done the Saturday house-cleaning.  I've gone to Lynn's house, fed all of her critters,taken in the mail and newspaper, and watered all the exterior plants.  I've gone grocery shopping.  I did laundry yesterday.  My one objective for today is to seek and find the dUSB cable for my camera.  I will accomplish this one task.
   Waiting for client checks to arrive - can't get my meds until the checks are in the bank.  When the MD used to write the prescriptions for one month at a time, I had no problem having the $15 co-pay; now that the meds are being dispensed for a 3 month period, I have to shell out $68 for them...  So, it's a waiting game.  The pharmacy has called twice to tell me the drugs are ready, but I can't pay for them...  I will be able to pay for them tonight, as Beatrice will pay me some of her rent money when she returns home form work.  I just hope the pharmacy is open late tonight.
   I wired my red crab to the outside of our balcony yesterday afternoon.  So far, only Bea and Mike have commented on it.  Nedi is thoroughly enjoying himself, as Beatrice is allowing him out on the balcony while I'm away.  Both kits enjoy sitting on the balcony, especially after being indoor/outdoor cats at the other apartment.  The only worry I have here is high traffic levels and lots of loud, unexpected noises that startle the kits - so they are restricted to our second floor balcony and the interior of the apartment.

No comments: