Wednesday, March 16, 2016

At Loose Ends

What do I do with myself? For the first time in seven weeks, I didn't have a dog to walk in the morning, nor a house to visit, nor plants to water.  OK, I admit I'm dog-sitting at this exact moment, but it's only for 90 minutes in the evening.  I was able to stay at home and nap and catch up on projects around the house (apartment, actually) today.  I'm at Rosie's, but she had an acupuncture appointment this morning, so our daily walk was canceled.  I put together a swanky-looking stand with shelves for Beatrice, and I chose eight photos to go into a wall collage, put them in place, and then hung the collage in the hall.  I scrubbed everything in my bathroom, including the kitty litter boxes, and washed the runner-type rug in there.  I colored a little on my agility dogs Celtic knot drawing.  I called and had the apartment handy-man stop by to check on three things - the warp in the floor under the main bathroom's door, the leak from the upstairs neighbor's water tank, and to tighten the nut under the kitchen sink so the faucet base would stop swiveling.  Chris, the handy-man, stopped by, checked and fixed what  he could, and is writing up a ticket for the warrantied objects.  I also took out the trash and recyclables, and made spaghetti and meat sauce for supper, along with garlic-asiago cheese biscuits.  Then I washed the pots and dishes and came over to Rosie's.
  Saint Patrick's Day is tomorrow, and it almost crept up on me with surprise.  I'll have to find a green shirt to wear tomorrow, or I can just wear my green sweater when I go out.  Tomorrow morning I walk Rosie and Tessa, and make a bank deposit, and then I'm back over at Rosie's tomorrow evening. Lovey has not allowed me out of her sight, except when I took the trash and recycling out today.  If she knew how to attach herself to me with Velcro, she'd do it.
   I did get to laugh at Beatrice's face last night.  Usually, whenever I get up from my reading chair in the living room, Lovey is curled up where my bottom has been in less than 30 seconds.  Bea got up from her usual seat to put sheets into the dryer last night, and Lovey jumped off my lap and was curled up in Bea's spot before she was at the edge of the living room.  Bea has laughed frequently at how quickly Lovey gets into my seat - last night, when she turned around, and stepped back into the living room, I got to laugh...  Her expression when she saw Lovey all curled up, and with her eyes tightly closed, was priceless.  Then she thanked lovey for the honor, and very gently tugged the pillow out from under her.  Lovey gave Bea a disgusted look and came back over to my lap.

No comments: