Monday, March 21, 2016

Bird Courtship Photos

Almost 14 inches of snow fell this past Thursday and Friday; all roadways and sidewalks that I can see from my apartment are now clear, but there is still a good amount of snow on roof-tops and in grassy areas.  However, it's already in the mid-50s , and the high temperature today is supposed to be 70 degrees F, with Chinook winds blowing down from the mountains.  Chinooks are known as snow-eaters, so the ground might be clear by Wednesday, when it's time for more snow...
  I'm only concerned about it because I have two Jack Russell terriers to walk to day and tomorrow - and,since Emmett is all white, I don't want to lose him in a snow bank.  Nicodemus, at least, is a tri-color, so he'll be easy to spot.  I'm walking the boys in addition to Rosie and Tess while their people are away on vacation.  Their daughter is caring for the boys in all other ways, but can't get home for a late-morning walk.
  I can't believe that it's nearly Easter.  And that Nedi will be 6 years old on 1 April....

Here are some more photos of male birds displaying for their ladies:
Grouse

Hooded Merganser

King bird of paradise

Kori bustard

Lyrebird

Malaysian peacock

Mallard ducks

Ostriches

No comments: