Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Captain Barry Is Out On the Water; Boulder Is Having a Blizzard

A tale of two cities - or towns....   It's currently 63 degrees on Chincoteague Island, in Virginia.  Captain Barry, my cousin-in-law, took several cruises out yesterday, and was scheduled for three or four today.  Captain Barry's Back Bay Cruises are the best ecological, interactive cruises on Chincoteague Island - especially if you want to learn about marine life and how it affects the marsh and channels,and how the waters cause effects upon the marine life.  Now, that sounds awfully boring.  Barry loves to make the cruises as interactive as possible, so it's a true hands-on experience.  I love going out with him - I always learn something new each time.  Learn about clams, crabs, oysters, jelly fish, sponges, and almost anything that you can imagine finding in a drag net - or in and on the marsh flats.  It's a fantastic experience.  Captain Barry always books up fast, and frequently has an "on-call" waiting list during the summer.  You can call and book your experience today at (757) 336-6508.  (And don't forget his Champagne Sunset cruise, either!)
   It was in the mid-70s  yesterday, and Beatrice traveled down to Denver and was able to spend a good amount of time in the new Samurai exhibition at the Denver Art Museum.  I laughed yesterday evening when the newspaper announced that Boulder could get up to 6 inches of snow overnight.  I heard the first rain drops pelting my bedroom window at 12:35 a.m.  by 4:00, there was three inches of snow.  At the moment, 10:30 a.m., more than 8 inches have fallen, and the weather guys are saying we might get another 10 inches before the snow stops tonight...  I am not walking Rosie or Tessa today, but I am due at Rosie's for a 2-hour stint this evening.  I may end up taking a cab both to and from her house.
    Colorado needs the snow.  I am not complaining about the precipitation.  The snow plow for the apartment parking lot just went through, and I've heard the snow plows on US 36 running past about every hour.  My cousin was pretty shocked when she found out that the front of my apartment building faced US 36.  She thought I lived somewhere secluded in a very wooded area, far away from traffic.  I wish that were so.  In any event, it's the usual weird Spring weather for Boulder...

No comments: