Friday, March 18, 2016

Eleven Inches of Snow And It's Still Falling

The weather forecast for yesterday, Saint Patrick's Day and Saint Gertrude's Day (the patron saint of cats), called for a high of 45 and a low of 31 (degrees F).  It was supposed to be partly cloudy in the morning, with clouds coming in from the northwest in the late afternoon.  There was a 20% chance of rain or snow, with snow predicted for today, Friday.  It was below freezing when Nedi and I were on the balcony yesterday morning just before 7 - and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw several snow flakes float by my nose...  Well, we never got above freezing yesterday - and eleven inches of snow fell.  The last weather forecast I saw said we'd have another 3 to 6 inches of snow fall before this system moves out of the area late this afternoon.  I'm scheduled to be at Rosie's this evening; guess I'll bus there, and take a taxi home...
   The early snow yesterday and last night was a thick, heavy wet snow.  What's falling now looks like powder, so I'm hoping it will be easy to clean the balcony later.  Why bother to clear the balcony?  Both the cats and I like to step out onto it.  The only problem is the young lady who lives above us doesn't clean off her balcony, so when we get warm, my balcony gets all the snow melt from hers, raining down upon us. She also does her plant re-potting out there, and the cats and I have frequently been caught by surprise with a muddy, mulchy shower from above...  Bea and I are thinking of getting a large sun umbrella to protect the area next to our sliding glass door (and us) from things that pour down from her place.
  I filled out all of my University of Florida retirement forms yesterday - but I need to make a copy of Jeff's Death Certificate to send them, along with a copy of my drivers license.  I guess, besides working on cousin Patti's genealogy, I'll be doing my IRS taxes this weekend.  Since I received payment for participating in the County Grand Jury for a year, I just might owe the government this time around - but I don't think I do.
  Tomorrow I'll walk Charlie and Tess, and spend the evening with Rosie.  Sunday, it's just walking Tess and taking Christine to her flight at DIA. (Which reminds me - I need to find out her flight's time and when she wants to leave...)

No comments: