Tuesday, September 2, 2008

50 Degrees at 9 a.m.

Leofgifu has decided the best place for herself is between me and the keyboard this morning. I have moved her multiple times, but this is her chosen place. Banichi is sprawled under one of the bird feeders, even though it's not occupied. A big change in the weather for today - yesterday it was 85 with lots of sunshine, right now it's 50, overcast, and breezy. There were a few brief showers last night; I have the patio door and the window wide open for cool fresh air.

Gustav is dissipating, Hanna is moving toward the Carolina Coast, Ike is headed north, and Josephine has formed out in the Atlantic. I love the fact that I'm now living in Colorado, but I miss seeing George Winterling's hurricane coverage from WJXT in Jacksonville, Florida. I understand that George is the meteorologist emeritus at WJXT now, but he is always there for hurricane coverage. Bravo for George!!! He's the only weatherman my father really trusted.

One of the local ravens was "clicking" at me most of yesterday evening, and he's back in the tree next to the privacy fence again this morning - and he's still clicking at me, too. Several sparrows have now visited the bird feeder and discovered that there is food there; and a chickadee and a nuthatch have visited the shell-less sunflower feeder and seem to be satisfied. A driver in south Denver has collided with an elk, and one of the major roads into Denver is now closed down. The elk did not survive - no report as yet on the driver.

No comments: