Monday, September 1, 2008

Poor New Orleans!

I really feel for the folks who live in and around New Orleans... Katrina three years ago and Gustav today... OUCH. The last I heard, the levees are holding, but the levee at the Industrial Canal was over-flowing (the folks keep emphasizing that the levee is not breached, it's just not high enough). Lovey is a Hurricane Katrina orphan and refugee, and I'm sure she can't figure out why I keep hugging and loving her as I watch the news.

Most of my college football teams won this past weekend, other than the two in Virginia. And CU at Boulder defeated CSU at Fort Collins in the Rocky Mountain Showdown at Invesco Field (or, Mile High Stadium) in Denver last night. As I was walking back to my apartment this morning, I was stopped by the owner of the Berry Best Smoothie shop, and he wanted to know where I had purchased my UF T-shirt. It turns out that he's a Gator grad from 1980.

Chokie, my neighbor, has yet to complain about the re-filling of the bird feeders and the placement of unshelled peanuts in the squirrel chairs. Several friends of hers have knocked on my door today by mistake, and I have directed them next door. My kits have had a grand time running out and about yesterday evening and this morning... it's cooler and there is supposed to be rain this afternoon. Our high tomorrow should be in the upper 60s or low 70s, according to the weather forecasters, and we should build back up to the lower 80s through next weekend.

I will be spending 10 nights and 11 days with the Spike-meister in Niwot, and close to the end of that time, our cousin Pete Nocks from Aurora, IN and his family will be stopping by for a visit on the way back from Yellowstone. It will be the first time we've met this cousin; our great-great-grandfather's were brothers - Benjamin and William Nocks. At the end of the month I have 2 weeks in Brighton with Nikki, Boris & Natasha, Abby & Shadow. Kohlbi will be at a Specialty Show for the first week, and the second will be back home with all the rest of the family. As I wrote yesterday: life goes on...

No comments: