Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Huge Raven

Ah... a night in my own bed; Lovey insisting on sleeping inside my nightgown; Banichi bringing me his favorite shoestring.... Sheer heaven.

I've had my morning walk, cleaned the litter boxes, taken out trash, paid my bills, confirmed several pet-sitting dates, cleaned the bird feeders and filled them, and have three loads of laundry washing. It's time for a break! It's a beautiful day - we're expecting highs in the upper 70s for the rest of the week, with night time lows in the upper 40s.

I was startled yesterday afternoon by a sound from the patio. It sounded like something was running into the sliding glass doors, and then like an entire flock of birds was taking off. I edged back the curtains to find out what was going on. A huge raven was landing in the seat of the wicker chair, causing the chairback to hit the door, then it was grabbing a beak full of peanuts, turning around and flying off - causing the rush of feathers I kept hearing. I had wondered how RedBoa had been making all of the peanuts disappear... now I know he's had help from above.

No comments: