Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back up and Virus Free!

I spent yesterday morning gamboling in my sister's backyard with Suki, Boo, and Smiley. Smiley has doubled in size and tripled in strength since I was last with her. She had a wonderful time exploring the yard and playing with Boo; Suki was being la Princessa yesterday and therefore was untouchable. Smiley chased Boo and pulled out mouthfuls of her fur, and boxed with her and knocked her down. That's what Boo has always done to her mother, Suki, and her siblings - and we thought it was just that she get the same treatment back. She could not keep up with the puppy's energy, and when she finally barked to complain about it, Suki came over to be the referee. It was a very tiring, fun, and insightful morning. Next week, I'll be taking care of Ooch; then Suki and Boo; then Nikki and her 4 cats.

No blog yesterday because I finally got my computer cleaned up.... Had several nasty Trojan viruses and a couple of mal cookies as well. It took 6 hours to scrub the system clean and be able to start again with all usual systems up and functioning. Now it's done and I can blog away...

Lovey is sitting in front of me on the desk, blocking my view of the keyboard and the monitor. The patio door is wide open; I want the kits to get their dose of outdoors well before noon today, as there is a nationally televised CU football game (against the West Virginia Mountaineers) here this evening. Most afternoon classes have been dismissed, and traffic on Folsom is heavy already. The kits have been happy to have me home - Banichi is spending a great deal of time pressed up against me, and, if the door is open, Lovey comes inside about every 5 minutes to assure herself that I'm sitting here at the computer.

Returning from my walk this morning, I fell in with a group of 3 ravens. By moving slowly and clucking, they allowed me to get within two feet of them. It was an odd feeling having this bird that, sitting on the ground came up to my mid-thigh, look me up and down, as if judging what size clothes I wear. The other two birds were smaller, and I'd guess were it's offspring. - You know that crows and ravens keep their young with them for at least 2 years before they leave the family nest, to insure that the youngsters know how to forage for themselves and also know how to raise their own young - since they have to help feed and raise younger siblings each year.
I hope I run into this family group again!

No comments: