Friday, September 5, 2008

Cold rain & Spike

Writing from Spike's house... it's cool and rainy outside and his family left at 5:30 this morning. I'm here to cuddle and read and blog. The RNC was certainly exciting - less than 130 people were arrested during the DNC, but over 300 on one day at the RNC. I don't know if choosing Gov. Palin as a running-mate was a good move for McCain or not - I listened to all their speeches, but nothing could make me like any of them. They are just spouting the same old stuff the Republican Party has been preaching since before Reagan - and look where the past 7+ years of a Republican Presidency has gotten our country...

I cuddled with Spike and gave him a tiny treat when I arrived; he is now curled up in my lap and talking to me. I'll need to run back over to my sister's and feed Suki and Boo tonight, then I'll be back with the Spike-meister. Lovey and Banichi were not very happy with me when they saw me pack my over-night bag after I fed them breakfast this morning. I let them run outside, but it began to rain, so Nichi-ji curled up in the middle of the bed and Lovey sat in my lap and cried. She can be a real heart-breaker when she wants to be.

I think I became more myself yesterday evening - I got to pick between a pro football game and a college game, while skittering back over to the final night of the RNC.... The pro game went as expected, and Vandy beat South Carolina, which was a surprise... And my shrink has decided to just up my dosage of meds instead of trying to change what I take...

The local Humane Society has just received over 30 cats that were re-located by Gustav - another bunch of bayou kitties in Colorado - and I know of one 17-year-old that I would have taken in in a heartbeat, if I had more room. I hope someone adopts Chalkie soon - he's been a one-owner indoor cat since he was 12 weeks old, and his owner couldn't take him with her into the nursing home. Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: