Friday, September 12, 2008

Pancakes with Palin

Lovey is leaving muddy paw prints on the desk, on my shirt, and on my jeans. We've been watching coverage of Hurricane Ike - the waves crashing over the sea wall at Galveston, the folks who are stranded on a ship without power out in the Gulf, workers stranded at an oil facility... I hug Lovey and am thankful she survived Katrina.

I discovered last night that I'm no longer used to the sound of rain on a roof. I've been in my apartment for two and a half years; I'm on the ground floor, and there's an apartment above me with a balcony that provides shelter for my patio - I had no idea that I was no longer comfortable listening to rain fall. I kept waking up last night at Spike's - and the only thing I'd hear was the rain on the roof. I've always enjoyed rain and storms, and have loved listening to the rain tap on the roof and through the tree canopy - but I'm no longer used to it. There is snow up above 10,000 feet here in Colorado today - our local stations have been showing tape of it - and chain laws have been in effect for motorists at most passes today.

Pancakes with Palin - that is also one of the headlines in the local news. Gov. Sarah Palin will be attending a Pancake Breakfast/fund raiser for the GOP this coming Monday morning at the Jefferson County (Jeffco) Fair Grounds. Will I be going? I will not. I loved Charlie Gibson's question to her about the Bush Doctrine that came out in 2002 - she had no idea what it was.

Spike's family is due back Monday afternoon and I'll be back home for a few days... I need to get going on putting up my husband's family tree for our son, Kevin. Have a grand weekend, if the weather will let you!

No comments: