Thursday, September 25, 2008

Technology

First, thank you, cousin Sarah, for telling me that I could see NCIS on line! I had completely forgotten that ability, and I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. I took another leap forward into technology by purchasing a digital camera yesterday. It has auto-focus and anti-shake modes, and it will even record a video sequence - now, that's frightening! I'm still figuring out it's quirks and have taken all of two photos - one of Connie's pond, and one of Ooch drinking from the pond. And I've downloaded the software so I can share photos on the blog... Maybe I'll make it into the 21st century sometime - but I still do NOT want a cell phone.

It was below freezing in several towns on the western slope this morning - we were down to 45 and our high is expected to be in the low 90s today. I've been in my T-shirt and shorts and don't plan on changing outfits at all today - Ooch has been eating up the attention I've given him, and tomorrow I'll be taking care of Ooch, Suki and Boo. Ooch's mom is due back on Saturday; Kathy and Jim are due back Monday evening; and Monday morning I start taking care of the herd out in Brighton - Nikki, Abby, Shadow, Boris and Natasha. Kohlbi will be at the Samoyed Specialty Show in Kansas in Kansas, hopefully getting his final Championship points.

In mid-October, I'll have all of the Brighton herd, plus Suki and Boo, as both families go to see the space shuttle launch in Florida. Both families have folks who have worked for 30 years at Ball Aerospace, and this launch will be carrying the last of Ball's instrumentation up for the Hubble Telescope.

In the meantime, my kits are having a wonderful time out prowling in the early mornings and late evenings. Ooch, as I said before, is eating up the attention he's getting, and it's absolutely beautiful up here right now. The leaves are changing and the whole landscape is just gorgeous!

No comments: