Monday, September 29, 2008

Topeka, Kansas or Bust!

It's a beautiful, cool morning - still at 48 degrees outside and expecting a high of only 72. I've taken Nikki for a walk, fed and walked Suki and Boo, and cleaned the litter boxes and fed my kits. Banichi is currently nibbling on canned food, while Lovey is stalking "her" pigeon. I'll need to head back to Brighton (and Nikki, Abby, Shadow, Boris and Natasha) in a little while. My hosts in Brighton have told me I can use their phone to make long-distance calls, so I'll probably call my family in Florida this week, as well as calling the lawyer who returned my call from the Spotsylvania County Court. (She called while I was at Kathy's Friday afternoon; I've already returned her call, and let her know I'd be at my home phone number until noon, her time; then I'd call again later with my contact number in Brighton, if I didn't hear from her before I left.)
Michelle Obama will be here in town on Wednesday - I don't know exactly where she'll appear on the CU campus, but I'm sure that if tickets have already been released, they are already gone.

I plan on practicing taking photos of my five Brighton charges today - it would be six, but Kohlbi is in Topeka with his family at the Samoyed National Show - and I do mean his family. Boo's sister Lexi (Kohlbi's mom) will be there, Kohlbi and two of his littermates, and Boo's baby boy will be there from Chicago, too. Kohlbi looked very impressive after his bath and grooming yesterday, and he was just like a baby getting his nails clipped last night (in the middle of the living room floor, with two of the cats taunting him). As soon as I get back to Brighton, I'm going to wash Nikki's ears and let them dry; they are constantly wet and gooey with Kohlbi around, as he sucks on her ears constantly.

On Thursday besides seeing my therapist, I get to meet Rosie and Remy's male owner. (Yes, it is Rosie, even though I erroneously called her Rita in a previous blog entry.) I met Nancy, their female owner last week; she wants me to meet her husband and take the Setters on a walk with both of them, so the dogs freak out the first time I walk them when their owners are gone on vacation. Not much more going on... I'm still in a hovering wait-and-see mode (which I detest). Have a great week!!

No comments: