Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cold Waters

We had thunder rumbling from 10 a.m. onward yesterday, but only one brief shower made it to the ground; and there was a very nice breeze coming off the mountains yesterday evening and this morning, too. We hit 95 yesterday, but it was 55 when I went walking earlier today. Looking west, one can still see snow on some of the higher mountain peaks, and the breeze this morning had a nice coolness to it. The creeks are still running high, and the water temperature will take your breath away. I don't know how I used to jump into ice cold water when I was younger... I see these college kids with their inner tubes and rafts, and I think about how cold the water is, and even if I'm sweating, I shiver. Brrrrrrrr! - But, then, again, I look on my memories of Ginny Springs in Florida with great delight - and the water there is 56 degrees....

The kits took good care of me yesterday. But Lovey decided that it was time for me to get up at 3 this morning. I turned over and ignored her, even though she kept hooking my nightgown and pulling at it with her left paw. (She is most definitely a lefty.) Banichi had a running spell about 4 this morning, and didn't put on his brakes fast enough at the end of the hallway - it sounded like he ran into the door at full speed - then he high-tailed it back to me and curled up in bed like a little innocent. I missed walking Rosie and Remy yesterday, even though I was sick. Those two always lift my spirits... But I think I disturbed the owner when I returned with them after our walk on Monday - and said, "I just realized they are both naked!" Neither dog had collar and tags on - they were on the kitchen table, having been washed the night before. We have yet another crop of young squirrels out and about... they avoid Lovey and Banichi. And, yeah!!! It's the middle of the week already!

No comments: