Thursday, July 16, 2009

Early Rising

What am I doing blogging at 5:20 in the morning? I've been up since 2:30 - I was going to turn over in my bed, and was in such pain that it took my breath away. The only things that didn't hurt were my teeth. I've always had a weirdly wired nervous system - I can scratch a place on my right leg, and feel as if I'm getting shocked below my left shoulder blade.... Ah, well.... Anyway, I took some naproxen and then couldn't return to sleep. I was catching up on some correspondence when Lovey plopped down on the keyboard, and somehow managed to remove all search bars, URL address spots, etc., completely from the PC screen. It's taken until now to reprogram the systems the way I like them and get them back up and running.

The sky is a pale grey-blue to the east, with a hit of yellow at the horizon. The sprinklers in the backyard are on, and Banichi has just finished his morning attack on the hallway door. Lovey is grousing because I won't let her out. If I can get back to sleep, I'll take about a 90-minute nap, then shower and go walk the red kids. I read the last few chapters of Medusa to them last night, while their family was at opening night for their theatrical production. I'll walk the Rs today and tomorrow morning, and sit with them again on Friday night. Since I started Cemetery Dance last night, I guess I'll have to visit the library again to pick up some more books to read over the weekend... I'll also be caring for Brandi and Ooch over the weekend, both beginning tonight. Mimi notified me yesterday that her trip of Saturday thru Thursday might be cancelled or changed, so I'll find out about that this evening....

I'm also going to have to put my oscillating fan back together and get it running. I think a cool breeze from the fan might feel nice on these 90+ degree days we've been having recently. And the kids will probably agree - they cool off by laying in the bathtub or stretched out on the tile floor... Wish I could do that!!

No comments: