Friday, July 24, 2009

I still look the same!

Oh, gosh! I just looked at that photo of me as a baby and realized that other than adding glasses and grey hair, it still looks just like me - even down to the double chin when I hold my head down! That's scary!! It's in the low 60s already (humidity at 60%) and the sun is shining remorselessly; the sunrise was brief but beautiful - no clouds, just a sudden brightening as the sun seemed to pop over the horizon. I was back walking in town, so I saw birds and squirrels and one raccoon, but not the variety of critters I've been seeing up in the northern suburbs. The kids were happy to have me home and in bed last night - Banichi would walk up and down my body about every 90 minutes, demanding that his chin be scratched and he be made much of. Lovey just sat on the foot of the bed and stared at me - and when Banichi wanted to be loved, she'd burble with quiet comments. I tried to get her to come up a little higher, so I could love her, too, but she was having none of it.

I am looking forward to catching up with my requests on Facebook this weekend, and then starting in on more family research. I also have a lot of information that I need to enter so I can up-load it for Kevin's family tree. I will be going to the Saturday matinee performance of "Into the Woods," so I can see Max perform at the Dairy Center for Performing Arts. ... There are still quite a few homes without power in western areas of metro Denver following Monday night's rain and hail storm. One aspect of the storm that I had not thought about was covered in the local news yesterday - with the storm striking at night, and with the heavy hail, a lot of birds were killed and injured. A lot of larger birds have been taken to several local Raptor and Wildlife Rehab Centers - most with some type of head injury - some are blind, some have no feathers left, some have still have no sense of equilibrium, etc. The care-takers at the Rehab Centers will give the birds at least 4 weeks to try to recover from their injuries, feeding them by hand, and exercising their wings by hand, as well, during this recovery period. They plan on keeping all injured wildlife that cannot be rehabilitated for a life of freedom again. ... (Oh, no! I just had a Star Trek flashback! The word freedom triggered it. I can see Cloud William quite plainly, and hear the "E plebnista...") ... Deckers can now be approached via highway 67 now, but construction and re-building work is still going on on highway 126 in that little mountain town. ... And I want to wish a happy birthday to my friend Diana, in Florida! Enjoy riding this weekend!

No comments: