Friday, July 17, 2009

Plague!

This morning I had the extreme pleasure of needing to cover my legs in the early hours, due to the coolness. As soon as I covered up, I had Lovey as a bedmate, leaning against my legs - I guess I sweat too much when I'm uncovered. Well, I ended up visiting Ooch last night and going through his evening/night routine. I'm headed there this morning prior to grabbing the red kids for their walk, and then this evening I spend the night with Brandi. Tomorrow afternoon, I'll move over to Smiley and Silver's, and run over to visit Ooch and Brandi. Ooch and Brandi's families return Sunday evening, and then I'll just be at Silver and Smiley's house until Thursday. Of course, none of that includes me coming back home every day to spend time with the kits. I'm going to be pooped! - But I'll have Christmas present money...

American Idol, the TV show, had try outs in Denver this week. A couple drove down from South Dakota for the female to try to make it on... and during the 5 hours they were away from their vehicle, they left their dog inside it, with the windows closed and the temperatures in the mid-90s. The poor dog did not survive. The owners have been ticketed for misdemeanor animal abuse. .... The owner of Rex, the Shiba Inu, that was taped upside down to the refrigerator door, has pled guilty to misdemeanor animal abuse - he claims to have been in the restroom while his girlfriend bound and taped the dog. (But, he did not release it himself...) His girlfriend will go on trial this fall after pleading not guilty to felony animal abuse. ... In Westminster, a northwest suburb of Denver, fleas are carriers of the bubonic plague (the Black Death). These fleas have infested a prairie dog colony and wiped it out, and have also appeared in a couple of local dog parks. The dog parks and the prairie dog colony are currently under quarantine. ... The Barbaro Stakes will be run Sunday, while Barbaro's full brother will race in the Virginia Derby on Saturday..... Have a super weekend!!

No comments: