Friday, July 10, 2009

Remy again

It's another Friday, and all the bus drivers are happy because it's the beginning of the weekend. I took Silver and Smiley out for a 90-minute walk twice yesterday, and again this morning. When I returned, I took a quick shower; during which, I kept hearing dog tags jingle. When I stepped out of the shower, Smiley came and sat down very primly by the door. Her black head was covered with white polyester fluff - the filling of a sofa pillow. This is the third time that she has disemboweled that same pillow while in my care. Her mom comes home late tonight, and I'll be sleeping in my own bed with the kits tonight. (Hooray!)

I was told more about the charges against Remy and Joel this morning. While Joel was restraining Rosie, the woman with the other dog was attacking Remy, trying to kick him. She apparently did so, as he has two broken ribs. She conferred with her neighbors and got three of them to agree and sign a complaint saying that Rosie and Remy are mean, aggressive, and vicious. Joel was told by the police that if he pleaded guilty, the worst that would happen is that both he and Remy would have to attend dog-training classes at the Humane Society. Joel was prepared to plead guilty, until a friend (who's also a lawyer) pointed out that if he pleads guilty, then the woman can take him to court in a civil suit and claim whatever injury that might keep her from working, etc... So now Joel is pleading not guilty. Oh, boy..........

No comments: