Monday, October 19, 2009

Fire in Estes Park Historic Area

Last night the clouds over the Rockies looked like an inverted dollop of whipped cream - only the clouds were orange and purple, not white. This morning there are layers upon layers of clouds in the sky, so it looks very mystical and magical outside. I'm just looking forward to the Broncos football game tonight. All of my teams, except the Titans, won yesterday (... and the Bears lost - Yea!) so I am enjoying myself. A terrible fire is currently in Estes Park, in the historic downtown shopping area; all other local fire departments, including Boulder, have been asked to send more men and equipment - even a local man in Allens Park has been contacted to bring his antique, but still working, fire engine to the scene. The photos look awesome - the fire's smoke is so dark that it looks like it's night time instead of day, and now the winds are picking up. Local schools are keeping children inside to avert any possible respiratory problems.

I spent yesterday doing maternal family research, and putting information into my genealogy program. (Besides having the football games on as a background and diversionary feature.) We reached 80 degrees here yesterday, and I was working in a T-shirt and shorts. We're expecting a cold front in tomorrow, with highs in the 40s and 50s for the rest of the week. I'm about to head out to walk Rosie and Remy, the red kids, and then I plan on returning home and playing with Mom's family tree some more. I began a new book last night - Suspension - by Richard E. Crabbe; it's historical fiction regarding the building of the Brooklyn Bridge, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Lovey and Banichi basked in the sun yesterday and cuddled with me last night. Banichi is currently in his nest in the closet, while Lovey keeps walking across my chest and onto the keyboard... I'll post photos upon my return...

No comments: