Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Manatee in Virginia

The kits kept me warm and well insulated yesterday and last night. This morning, I awoke without a voice and feeling crummy, so I cancelled the red kids' walk. Lovey and Banichi have been running in and out for the last hour, but I've now closed the door and Lovey is burble-ing away trying to convince me to re-open the door. Banichi is curled up on the foot of the bed and is almost asleep again. - The only thing of note today (at least for me) is that an off-duty police officer took a photo of a manatee playing in the James River near Richmond yesterday. Several manatees were reported near the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay this past summer, and it appears that one got separated from the rest of the group. Unfortunately, the James River will freeze over this winter, as temperatures drop - so there is a watch out for the manatee, in hopes of capturing it and returning it to warmer waters in the South.

No comments: