Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Glorious Sunrise!

The cloud cover is heavier in the east this morning, and the rising sun painted the sky in colors that ranged from light pink and mauve, to neon-like hot pink, purple and royal blue. The red sandstone buildings of the University of Colorado looked as if they were glowing from internal heat, thanks to the early sun and clouds. It was very pretty. - The kits have been pretty much attached to me since I returned home yesterday afternoon. Lovey had to drape herself across my shoulders and hang around my neck for a while, while Banichi just wanted to be loved, petted, scratched and stroked. Then they both told me that they were absolutely starving - they had emptied one bowl of dry food, but there were three others left, two full water bowls, and a couple of treats they had somehow missed from Sunday's visit. After greeting and loving and feeding the kits, I opened the patio door and then put down nuts for Gimpy. Banichi made me laugh, because he walked right up to Gimpy, who kept turning his back to B, so he could protect the nut he was eating. Banichi finally got his head around to the front side of the squirrel, who paused, looked at B carefully, and then grabbed and yanked B's whiskers. Banichi hissed, jumped backward and then snuggled in my lap.

Sunday evening, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Nature on PBS. It showed the third installment of the story of Cloud, a cremello/palomino mustang stallion, who lives in the Rocky Mountains of Montana. It was another excellent installment by the same videographer who had made the previous two shows. - We are back under a Winter Storm Warning beginning at midnight tonight; the weather folks are saying Boulder might get 2 to 8 inches of snow during Wednesday and Thursday. We'll see. - I only have about 50 pages left of my Adirondacks book to read; I need to return the 10 books I've already read, and get some replacements for the snow that's supposedly coming. One of the local shops has an excellent sale on this week: I can get a scanner, copier and printer combo for the PC at 50% off... I'll probably purchase one. - Last night, while lying in bed, I started to name people that I had attended elementary school with; I quit when I got to 50 names ... and I can name all of my instructors except my kindergarten teacher. Is that normal at the age of 53? (At least I can remember the names that go with the faces - or is that a proof of Alzheimer's - since I can remember the past so well???)... Gotta get ready to go walk Rosie and Remy.... Later!

No comments: