Monday, March 1, 2010

Back in Brighton

I'm back in Brighton with the Prewitt menagerie - 5 cats and 3 dogs. Just before taking me home on Friday, Mike's boss called and is sending him back to St. Louis today and he'll be there through Saturday. Currently, other than the cats, I'm the only one up; Mike, Kelly, and the dogs are still in bed. I need to get the keys to either the Prius or van from Mike so I can get back to Boulder and take care of my kits, as well as walk Rosie and Remy.
I walked the Rs on Friday afternoon - we walked north on 19th, west on Sumac to Broadway, south on Broadway to Quince, east on Broadway to 19th, south on 19th to Poplar, took the bike path into Githens Acres, and then around Emerald, Agate and Ruby to Topaz to visit Suki and Boo. After 30 minutes of free-time play in the backyard, we walked down Topaz to Garnet and then to the house on Riverside. Remy was glad to go home, but Rosie still wanted to stay out and play.
My kits stuck to me like glue when I returned from walking the Irish kids. Either Lovey or Banichi was perched on my chest, while the other child was attached to a hip or along my side. When they saw me put the alarm clock and my meds into my overnight bag yesterday afternoon, they knew I was leaving again and stayed plastered to me, crying whenever I had to get up and move. They know how to upset Mommy. Gimpy had his crew there Sunday morning, and they demolished the pile of unsalted peanuts; later in the afternoon, one of the local raccoons came by and finished them off.
I have my PC back at home now, but need to reconnect it. And I'll be here in Brighton through Saturday, so I won't really be home and be able to use it. Here's to a Saturday homecoming and time with my kits before I head over to Alexy's!! It's again snowing here (and I will not slide the car off the driveway)... there are rabbit and fox tracks all over the yard... and I miss my Banichi and Leofgifu already. Have a good week!!

No comments: