Monday, March 15, 2010

Cats, Dogs, and Squirrels

I have now set up base at Alexy's. Shady was happy to see me, while Cloudy has given me the cold shoulder so far. Rosie and Remy went to the groomers this morning, so I walked them from 3 until 4 this afternoon. Those two Irish Setters certainly looked good with their bright green St. Patrick's Day scarves on! Boulder is one of the few places I have lived where people will stop their cars and talk to you about your dogs and their dogs - sometimes it seems really odd.
Lovey and Banichi were in heaven, as I spent almost 24 hours in bed with them yesterday and today. But then I pitched my pill bottles and my alarm clock into the overnight bag, and they were very dis-spirited. Gimpy showed up this morning with four youngsters, and they consumed a large pile of sunflower seeds. I let the kits go out and play for over an hour around noon, and they had a blast, although Lovey ran back into the apartment every 5 minutes or so to assure herself that I was still there. Saturday was bright, sunny and warm in the morning, but by mid-afternoon the clouds were moving in, and the wind picked up. Yesterday morning was grey, and then we had light rain showers most of the afternoon before they turned to snow around 6 p.m. There was a small amount of snow in the backyard this morning, but it had all melted by 2 p.m. The weather folks say we'll get warmer up until Thursday evening, with highs in the mid-60s; but Friday we'll have a high around freezing, and they are guessing about 36 hours of snow.... We'll see. (That, of course, is the joy of Springtime in the Rockies!)

No comments: