Saturday, March 6, 2010

Welcome Kennedy Grace Devine!

We're just above freezing this morning in Brighton, but hope to reach 55 this afternoon. I've taken Nikki and Kohlbi out for their morning run and they've had breakfast; I also fed all of the kits. Charlie is in bed with Kelly, and Honeybun is curled up on the pillow in my room. Last night and Thursday night Kelly and I watched all 11 episodes of the BBC production of Jane Eyre - Mike doesn't like period romances, so we ladies enjoyed it. Mike is due home tonight, and we'll watch Alice's Restaurant together before bed. I'll return home Sunday morning to my kits. I had a terrible headache yesterday and did not walk Rosie and Remy; instead, I took my migraine medicine and sprawled on my own bed with both Lovey and Banichi lying on top of me. Then I returned to Brighton and took Kelly to the PetSmart, where we chose a collar and tag for Honeybun, picked up Charlie's dog food, and got two large beef leg bones for Nikki and Kohlbi to chew on. Kelly had to take a steroid shot for her MS last night, and if she feels up to it today, we'll go shopping at King Soopers and Wal-Mart.
I re-read Crocodile on the Sandbank during the past few days, and am now reading another Lillian Stewart Carl book, this one titled Garden of Thorns. I must say that Ms. Carl writes (or should I say "crafts?") her tales so well that I never want to put them down for any reason. I now know that whenever I start anything that Lillian Stewart Carl or Carolyn Haines has published that I will resent any type of interruption of my reading time. Both of these ladies are tremendously talented writers and I encourage all of my friends to read their works. I shall have to visit the library on Sunday or Monday to replenish my stack of books to read - at least I own all of Ms. Carl's and Ms. Haines' books, and can read them at will.
As soon as I reconnect my computer, I can start doing genealogy research again. I've found a website in Sweden that will hopefully allow me to find more information on my great-grandparents and Pop-pop's brother Ben. And I need to post more of the Devine family tree... which reminds me: I have a new grand-daughter!! (OK, if you want to be technical, step grand-daughter.) Her name is Kennedy Grace Devine; she arrived on January 9 at 9:08 p.m. and weighed 8 pounds and 8 ounces. With both of her parents' good looks, she is an absolutely gorgeous little girl! And, with two Irish names, as well as that of my grandmother, you can bet that she'll be a proud Irish-American!! I wish her and her parents all the love, luck and laughter that may be found on this earth.

No comments: