Saturday, March 13, 2010

Home Tomorrow!

It's Saturday morning and I'm in Brighton; will go home to Lovey and Banichi tomorrow. Dogs have been exercised and fed, cats fed; now I need to eat breakfast myself. Mike is due back from St. Louis late tonight, then he'll take me home in the morning. (I wanna go home...) Other than two 36-hour respites, I've been here for the past 3 weeks. The critters are super, and very loving; Kelly has turned into a super friend - but I want my bed and my kits for company. I'm starting to sound a wee bit cranky, aren't I? If my kits could have been here with me, I think I'd feel better, but with 3 dogs and 5 cats already in residence, I know that introducing Lovey and Banichi into the mix would be doomed to failure.
This past Wednesday, snow was forecast. I saw a few flakes hit the windows of the Prius when I left Brighton, and a few when I left Boulder; but snow? Uh-unh. Since Kelly has ciliac disease, we made Berry Uglies with a wheat flour substitute the other day - they turned out quite well - and all the other ingredients (other than the orange extract) were certified as organic. This batch produced 38 Uglies, and I have a feeling they will all be gone before Mike returns tonight. I've started Kelly on her family tree - she was excited that I found a mention of her maternal great-grandfather in the Boyertown Notes in 1907 in The Reading Eagle newspaper. She's very interested in getting her family info together and spent hours on the phone yesterday, asking questions of her mother and grandmother.
Spring break starts for the local schools on March 22nd - and I am booked solidly (for critter sitting) from March 15th until August 1st. I have an overflow of requests, and am now passing on the names, numbers, and e-mail addresses of my my niece, Olivia Snow, and my nephew's lady, Allison, as people I know who would take care good care of pets and homes. I never thought that I'd be so busy taking care of other people's pets! - On the home front, something is eating the peanuts and sunflower seeds I place outside to feed Gimpy. Whether Gimpy and his crew are the ones eating the food, I can't tell... I ran into Keith and Riley, the Shar-Pei, yesterday, and we had a nice chat. He affirms that Lovey and Banichi are still visiting Riley, trying to get him to come out and play with them.
Have a marvelous weekend!

No comments: