Monday, March 22, 2010

Kits, Kits, Kits

It's just turned 8 o'clock and it's already 45 degrees outside... we're expecting 60 to 65 today and rain mixed with snow tomorrow and Wednesday. The grass is greening up and spring flowers are starting to show their heads; birds are singing in choruses; and the Silver Lake Irrigation Ditch is full of snow melt, burbling merrily through it's course. Cloudy is watching a group of six squirrels perform acrobatics in a nearby cottonwood; while Shady has disappeared into the neighbor's yard. It hurt to leave Lovey and Banichi at home yesterday - they ran outside for about 10 minutes, confirming that there was still snow in the backyard, and then they spent 3 hours perched upon my body, grooming, purring, and sleeping. When I closed the door to leave, I could hear Lovey crying, "Momma! Momma! Momma!" until I was out in the lobby. I do miss those two!
I hope to get my hair chopped today; it's at that stage where it just stands out in tufts that point every which way, and unless it's wet, I have no control over it. I had a bunch yesterday evening at my left temple that just wanted to stick out and up, like a wing (or a single horn)... I'll walk Rosie and Remy this morning and then visit the bank, the salon, and then go home to my kits. I checked the British Airways website, and so far, it looks like Alexy will get home safely, and as planned. I also spoke with a BA representative at Denver yesterday, who said that as far as he knows, none of the London to Denver flights will be involved in this strike. Hooray! Cloudy, Shady, I, and Alexy's students will be very happy to have her back in Boulder. I must admit, though, that I have been enjoying her library greatly. Especially a set of books by Frances Hodgeson Burnett that, other than The Secret Garden and The Little Princess, I had never seen in print. They are delightful!
Saturday I added Twister, Tinkerbell, the gerbils, and Brandi to my care list; today I add Toby; and tomorrow I'll add Rosie and Remy to the mix. Can you tell it's Spring Break here? (And I had to turn down 6 other requests...) Have a good week!

No comments: